Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sacrifice

Love is sacrifice,
I have heard it many a time;
And such a pity it is,
As I fail again and again,
To realise the truth;
Of the popular wisdom.

Don't know - never needed to - what Love is,
But know that its best undefined;
Love is this and Love is that,
Ask me! Love is none of this childish crap.

Aint I say there aint no Love,
Neither say never rise in Love,
All I say to folks wildly curious,
Rise in Love, to know what it is...
Bet there aint any better way to know.

And to put to rest the pending case,
Whether or not Love is sacrifice,
All I say about the boy who died,
Had he used his mental faculties hard,
He and his girl would have been still alive,
All he could do was deaccelerate,
Or in some water pond they could dive,
Or in some hundred different ways,
He or they could have saved themselves.

To give up your Life, is to disown God,
Denying one of two things, to us He's given;
One is Love and the other - Life.
Trust in Him, is all I suggest,
For he never closeth all doors at once,
All you need is to keep looking,
For that hole of Heavenly Providence,
Through which light and warmth
Will fill our Love & Life.

Sacrifice is a devil's term;
All I know is a compromise, a settlement
Where both the parties involved get even:
bit of the good and bit of the bad.
And such deals are struck always in Life,
Though, when you are asked to sacrifice
Devil must be sure at work
Either you are a stupid scapegoat,
Or you are a powerless slave.

 

No comments: